There is so much to do in the McKenzie River Area
Below we have listed area favorites – please call us if you have any questions or want us to help make bookings for fishing or rafting trips!
- Fly fish from the back yard of Eagle Rock Lodge! The McKenzie River is a fishing paradise with redside trout, cutthroat trout, steelhead and even bull trout.
- Hire a guide – there are many qualified guides that will take you down the McKenzie River in their wonderful drift boats! For a full list of guides, click here. In Eugene there are a couple of really great fly shops (The Caddis Fly Shop and Home Waters Fly Fishing).
- Enjoy a half or full day trip with McKenzie Rafting .
- You can also contact Bob Spencer (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 425-286-4282 for rafting or fishing trips.
- Experienced kayakers will find the McKenzie a fun and challenging river. Class 3 rapids just below the Lodge. Bring your own kayak – however going with a group is suggested for safety reasons.
- The 26 mile McKenzie River National Recreation Trail has something for everyone including mountain bike trails, waterfalls and the Blue Pool. Elevation ranges from 1,450 – 3,200 feet.
- Sahalie and Koosah Falls are part of the Trail – but, can also be accessed individually (well-signed off Highway 126). Both are lovely waterfalls with an easy loop path
- Proxy Falls is another lovely waterfall just off Rte 242
- Take a ride to visit the headwaters of the McKenzie River – Clearlake! Bring your kayak and/or fishing gear and have a picnic!
- Aufderheide Scenic Drive (Rte 19) – just 10 miles east of the Lodge enjoy the pristine beauty of the area on 60 miles of Aufderheide Road. Stop at the McKenzie River Ranger District Office (57600 McKenzie Hwy, McKenzie Bridge) and pick up an audio cassette for a self guided tour of the Aufderheide Drive
- McKenzie Scenic Byway – an 82 mile loop starting just east of the Lodge at the Ranger Station. The loop will take you over the pass to Sisters, Oregon and back again.
- Visit two of Oregon’s historic covered bridges – Goodpasture Bridge and Belknap Bridge – both off Rte 126
We are fortunate to be close to two well-known hot springs
- Visit the ever popular Terwilliger Hot Springs (Cougar Hot Springs) – this is a clothing optional set of 5 pools – $7 entrance fee. Parking and pet tie up area available.
- For the more modest, get an hour or day pass at Belknap Hot Springs ($7 hour/$12 day) and use their lower pool and bathroom facilities. Bathing suit required.
- There are some wonderful road and mountain bike rides in the area. Most popular are the Aufderheide and McKenzie Routes.
- Tokatee Golf Club – Public 18 hole/Par 72 – 6,800 yard golf course with amazing views of the Sisters/Cascade mountains. Tokatee is reported to be one of the best courses in Oregon by Golf Digest. This golf club is about 11 miles east of the Lodge.
- McKenzie River Golf Course – is a public 9-hole regulation length golf course about 15 miles west of the Lodge.
- Drive about an hour east of the Lodge for a fun romp in the snow at Hoodoo Ski Park! Don’t despair if it’s raining at the Lodge – in the winter it’s usually snowing at Hoodoo! They have 5 lifts and 32 runs!