Caddisfly Room – ADA
Caddisfly is a smaller room located on the first floor of the Forest House. Equipped with a queen bed, electric fireplace and private bath with a shower, this is a handicap accessible room with a great view of the gardens from a brick paver patio. Just step through the sliding glass door that leads to the patio and you can catch a glimpse of the McKenzie River through the trees and shrubs. The patio has a bistro table and chairs and easy access to the main lodge or gardens and river. Handicap access to main lodge is via ramp in the back. Maximum of 2 people in this room.
This is a pet friendly room – only ONE DOG is allowed to stay in this room (extra fee of $50 per stay)
Accessibility Features Include:
• All rooms at the Lodge are non-smoking – including the ADA room
• Room has 35″ wide entry door with easy-to-use push/lever handle
• Lock is placed 38″ from the ground (inside and out)
• Room has one queen bed.
• Switches are 42″ above the floor
• Room has one small roll-in shower with a 2″ curb
• Hand-held shower head with proper length cord
• Bathroom is spacious and has more than a 60″ turning area
• Room access has a 2″ curb
• Closet rods are too high for easy access
• No phone jack in the room but there is an outlet by the bed
• No shower seat in shower, but can be added if requested
• Access to shower has a 2″ curb
• Grab bar behind the toilet is 14″ long
• Toilet is 10″ from the adjacent wall
• No visual alarms
• Light switch in bathroom may be difficult for handicap access
• Sink faucet requires push/twisting motion
• Sink is 35″ from floor with no impediment’s underneath
Important information: Handicap accessible from main parking area (across gravel parking lot), large door entry and bathroom entry to accommodate wheelchairs/walkers, hand/grip rails in the bathroom, roll-in shower with separate pull-down seat, private exterior entrance. Guests not able to climb stairs can access the main Lodge/breakfast room via a wooden ramp at the back of the main lodge building (which is about 50′ from the Caddisfly Room).
Rate includes a three-course home-made breakfast for two and wine/snack time each afternoon served in the main lodge.