This is one of the easiest and most requested recipes we have! Use whatever kind of fruit you have available – the fresher, the better!
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 1-1/4 cup White Sugar
- Grated Lemon Zest (to taste) - I use most of one lemon
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk (or half and half)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup or more Fresh or Frozen Blueberries (whatever you want!)
- Muffin cups (or grease muffin tin really well)
Pre-heat oven - 350 degrees.
Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl, set aside.
Cream together butter, sugar and lemon zest until light/fluffy.
Add eggs and beat until combined.
Add flour mixture, buttermilk and vanilla, mix until totally combined (do not overmix).
By hand, fold in blueberries (or any berry you want).
Scoop into muffin cups.
Top with Maple Sugar (or mixture of sugars and cinnamon).
Bake until done, depending on your oven - anywhere from 20-30 minutes.