- Odd observations of an Oregon (formerly NH) Innkeeper:
- If you put whole grapes in a fruit cup, most of the grapes don’t get eaten – if you cut them in half, they are gobbled up!
- People on the west coast drink a lot less decaffeinated coffee than people on the east coast
- West coasters eat way more sausage than bacon
- There is a universal “law of cookies” – no matter how many people stay with you and no matter how many cookies you make – they will all be gone in the morning!
- If you have a wide open parking lot, someone will invariably park in the middle and make it difficult for others to park around them
- If you have all empty tables in the dining room – and one has used dishes on it – the guests will invariably sit at the table with the dirty dishes.
You never know what will happen next – that’s what makes Innkeeping fun!