Every afternoon enjoy a homemade cookie/treat and a glass of wine in the main lodge. Today’s treat is Thumbprint cookies with Marionberry jam!
We have the woodstove on – come on up and relax by the fire with a homemade treat! Today’s recipe:
Linzer Thumbprint Cookies (courtesy of the Black Forest Bakery in NH)
4 Sticks of softened unsalted butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 Cup of Powdered sugar
1 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1 t Cinnamon
1/4 t each of nutmet, cloves and ginger
2 t Vanilla
1 t Almond extract
2 Egg Yolks
2 C Ground almonds – I grind slivered almonds in the food processor – get the pieces very small, but don’t turn the almonds into almond butter!)
Raspberry Jam (or, any Jam that you want!)
Note: I use parchment paper to cook the cookies on
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy (so, please do start with softened butter!)
* Add yolks, Vanilla and Almond extract
* Mix the dry ingredients together and then add them to the sugar/egg etc mixture – mix well
* Use a scoop and get a decent sized “ball” onto your cookie sheet – press your thumb into the middle of each ball – do NOT put the jam in yet!
* Bake in the oven for about 7 – 10 minutes – until the middles start to puff up – then pull the sheet OUT of the oven – repress the middles and put small amt of jam in each – put back in the oven for another 7 – 10 mins. You do NOT want these cookies to brown much – just a golden color.
* Pull out – let sit about 3 mins then remove from the cookie sheet and allow to cool on a rack
* EAT AND ENJOY!
Eagle Rock Lodge is a great place to stay while traveling from the Bend or Central Oregon area to watch the Oregon Ducks play football in Eugene. Our bed and breakfast is located on the McKenzie River 90 miles west of Bend. Stay with us for the remainder of the home games. The University of Oregon plays Utah on November 16th. And you don’t want to miss the Ducks take on Oregon State on November 29th for the Civil War!
Looking for a cozy place to enjoy the fall storms? Stay with us at Eagle Rock Lodge and relax in a warm and comfy room with beautiful views of the McKenzie River. It doesn’t get much better than freshly baked cookies, a glass of wine, and an inviting fire!
What a great wedding and a great couple. We really enjoyed having Kelsey, Kidd and all of the families at the lodge. The processional with drift boats was beautiful, the rock/paper/scissors what a fun way to decide who rows away, and the food was spectacular. Congratulations Kelsey and Kidd.